Strength to return home
Our daily short-term care program provides skilled nursing care and physical, occupational and speech therapy as ordered by your physician. Spiritual support and therapeutic recreation are woven throughout the day. The program is centered on a philosophy that every patient has a right to achieve the most durable and sustainable outcomes possible - outcomes that endure long after you leave our care. We focus on your wellness and recovery and work hard to help you return to the 'rhythm of your daily life.' Together we can achieve this goal by:
- Planning your return home the day you arrive with a coordinated interdisciplinary treatment plan;
- Providing a daily program of individualized rehabilitation therapy and medical care;
- Maximizing your level of independence with assistance in re-learning the activities of daily life;
- Utilizing the latest rehabilitation equipment, mobility courtyard, technology, treatment protocols to ensure you reach the highest level of functioning before you return home;
- Facilitating community re-entry and reducing the likelihood of re-hospitalization by providing focused education and discharge planning; and
- Ensuring your recovery continues after you leave our care with effective discharge planning, outpatient or home care therapy, and follow-up services based on your individualized needs.
- Notice of Privacy Practices
Our Post-Acute Amenities
The short-term care neighborhood is located directly off the main entrance on Black Oak Drive and is next to the Therapy Gym. The neighborhood offers:
- Private rooms with a private bathroom including a shower;
- Each room has telephone service, satellite television and secure wireless internet;
- A home-like living room with a computer, books & magazines, television, aquarium and toys for young visitors;
- Holy Spirit Chapel is available for religious services and personal reflection;
- On-site spacious beauty salon is open three days a week; and
- Mail and fascimile services available to meet your needs.
The interdisciplinary team of physical, occupational and speech therapists, along with experienced nursing staff, social workers, professional chaplains, wellness coordinators and nutritional services, will provide the care you need to return home as safely and independently as possible. In addition, physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners are on site on a regular basis to help monitor your medical recovery.